The Massachusetts Energy Marketers Association (MEMA) today announced two upcoming training sessions. These free seminars are supported by finding form the National Oilheat Research Alliance.
Attendees will focus on:
– Reviewing the benefits of oil heat, the actual cost of heating system choices and important information related to energy efficiency.
– Understanding energy efficiency, Bioheat® and best practices for communicating energy-saving options.
– Reviewing what employees have been doing and what they can do to create stickiness among your customer base and reduce the likelihood that customers will leave.
– Creating a company culture where the entire team is focused on the idea that saving or gaining a customer is everybody’s business.
– Identifying at-risk customers and minimizing the number of departures.
– Empowering employees and getting them prepared and confident for difficult conversations.
– The MEMA Oil Heat Customer Research Study: What we learned and what your employees need to know.
Two training sessions are scheduled on November 18 at MEMA headquarters, located at One Van de Graaff Drive, Burlington, MA. Session #1 is scheduled from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and Session #2 is scheduled from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
To register, click here.
Can’t attend? MEMA will be scheduling six more sessions across the state in Spring 2016.